Monday, December 1, 2014

Section Stereotypes As Per My Experiences

I'm in class right now, but why not make a post? I already finished my work anyways.. So here are some personality stereo types I've developed over my five years in band. These aren't meant to offend anyone, it's all for fun.

Flutes: Ditsy, flirty, forgetful, bubbly. Basically, the same as a typical blonde. Maybe that's why no ones ever surprised that I'm a flute. Every single time someone asks what instrument I play, flute is there first guess. 

Clarinets: Know-it-alls. Tend to suck up to the BDs. Most are pretty good musicians, but there's the occasional idiot who forgets their music/instrument ALL THE TIME. 

Oboes: Annoying. They often sound like dying cats. They also try to suck up, and the BD usually lets them do whatever because there's only like 2 of them.

Bassoons: Cool, but rude. They often sound like farts. We nicknamed the bassoon in my middle school band "the farting bedpost." Bassoons are rare creatures, and are usually some of the best musicians.

Saxophones: Kids that are "too cool" for clarinet. They also act like know-it-alls. Pretty cool, though. Worst tanlines though. 

French horns/Mellos: Loud, annoying, sometimes stupid. Always forgetting their music. Rarely, there's one that knows all their music and sits quietly. If you find a good one, NEVER LET THEM GO!

Trumpets: Egotistical and too-good-for-you. Think they're the best in the band, even though most of them suck. There are some pretty awesome trumpets though. The trumpets are divided into two groups: The snotty ones and the cool ones. The snotty trumpets think they're the coolest thing ever, whereas the cool ones are down to earth and chill with other sections. 

Trombones: Along with the tubas, they're the most perverted in the band. They are immature and forget their music. A lot of them forget their slide positions. (No wonder people think I'll make a great trombone)

Baritones: immature, perverted, flirty, and generally really close. They talk a lot and tend to be protective of one another. Tend to go hand-in-hand with the trombones and tubas. 

Tubas: perverted and immature just like the trombones. Tend to get yelled at a lot. Pretty greatat their instruments, though. They're pretty much the backbone of the sound.

Percussion/Pit/Drumline: secluded from pretty much everyone. The pit gets to stay inside for most of marching season. They're generally really good. Still wishing my fifth grade band director let me do percussion ;-;

So whatcha think? Pretty spot on? Any changes? Any sections I missed? Let me know in the comments!

xo Baritone Babe ox

No comments:

Post a Comment